Tuesday, March 31, 2009

11 weeks and one day and counting...

Well we have reached the 11 week mark - where according to many of the text books the morning sickness and fatigue should disappear. Now if someone could just tell my body that! Everyone has been telling me that I look well, but I feel fat, frumpy and tired - such an attractive combination.I am still trying to get to the gym 3 days a week - but this week I haven't slept well and so decided to have a day off.

On a brighter note the boys started child care yesterday. They are walked over from kindy by one of the teachers and stay at child care until I collect them at 3.30pm. This is happening twice a week. The boys loved their first day and Mitch cried when we came to take them home. So far so good...

We are now on the countdown for the nuchal scan which is next Wednesday. This pregnancy still seems quite unreal to Kev and myself and so we are looking forward to seeing our baby on the monitor. The day afterwards we see our OBGYN to discuss whether to have an Amnio to rule out chromosomal abnormalities or neural tube defects. I must admit to being quite nervous. While I never pictured myself being pregnant again, now that I am I want this pregnancy to be a long and healthy one.

Not much else to report.
Hope everyone is looking forward to Easter - I know I am :-)

Hugs,
Lisa

3 comments:

JoanneK said...

Thinking of you often Lisa!!! Missing you over at S4L...can't wait to see pics of your new little one!!! Glad to hear things are going well!!! Keep updating so I can keep reading!!! hehehe! Hope you enjoy your upcoming Easter holiday!

LINDA the SCRAP_ADDICT said...

WOO HOOOOOOOO Lisa your 11 weeks geez that has gone so quickly, though may not feel it for you lol..
I hope that your taking heaps of progressive photo's each week, something I wish I had done when pregnant but completely forgot about boo hoo.
Chat to you later
*linda

Lisa - Mum to Mitch,Harry and Jack said...

Thanks girls... haven't taken any snaps, but will after Wednesday's ultrasound.

Hugs,
Lisa xx