Saturday, May 29, 2010

Trying to keep all the balls in the air...

Doesn't life sometimes seem like an endless juggling act? Mine sure does. Just when I feel organised and that I have things in place, another ball is thrown into the mix. At the moment my struggle is trying to meet all of the needs of my beautiful boys and Kev, whilst maintaining my sanity. I seriously hit the pillow sometimes and wonder how I will get up and do it all again. Some parents seem to maintain their households and activities so seamlessly - whilst I struggle to get us out the door on time. IT does my head in.

I suppose that the problem with being a control freak is that you want EVERYTHING to be under your control and life just ain't like that. Sure, I have mellowed somewhat and have let my standards relax a bit. BUT I wonder why I struggle to get it all done and why I fell so damned tired a lot of the time. I know it isn't realistic, but at the same time I want my home to be clean and tidy, my boys happy and doing well at school and my husband to feel that he is still married to the girl he met. And it just doesn't seem to happen...

At the moment we are facing some behavioural challenges with Harry and whilst they are manageable it is just another ball to juggle. BUT I know we will get there, it is just it is so hard at the moment. I start the day with a plan of how I will cope with his tantrums and by the end of the day I am having worse tantrums than him (or so it seems)!

Well enough of my bleating - time to get off the computer (a glorious time waster) and spend some time with my four beautiful men. I AM so grateful for what I have... it just sometimes seems more than I can handle...

Lisa xx

No comments: