Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ahh the joys of being a domestic goddess...




Is it just me or do other stay at home mums find some days...weeks...months are kinda like Groundhog Day? I seems like a dozen times a day I call out "please flush the toilet" - seriously do my boys imagine that what they have produced is so precious others will want to view it? And what about getting ready for school? Every morning I have to remind Mitchell to put on his glasses and if he forgets somehow it is my fault! And then when we get home I seem to repeat the sentences over and over.

Now please don't get me wrong, I love being a Mum. BUT sometimes it all gets a bit same-same. Of course there are lots of compensations. There is nothing as sweet as those cuddles and kisses first thing of the morning. Or the precious little cards or drawings that cover our fridge. And I adore watching those precious little men sleeping at night.

But just for once it would be nice to wake up and discover the boys all ready for school and eating breakfast. And no arguments in the car! And rushing inside to start their reading. And a dream, just a dream would be if the three boys happily went to bed and to sleep without reprimands or raised voices. See I am not that unrealistic am I?? (grin)

Here's to parents and carers who day in and day out care for our precious little people and try to do their best...

Hugs,
Lisa xx

No comments: