You have been such an important part of my life ever since I can remember. I know that life for you had become so much harder over the past ten years or so - and I am glad for your sake that your suffering is at an end, but I miss you with every fibre of my being. I can't begin to imagine that I will never see you again in this lifetime. But I hold onto our special times together and the knowledge that you will be with me always.
Nana, you will always be part of my most precious childhood memories...
- Days spent with you and Grandad at Coppins Terrace
- Holidays at the Cottage that Grandad built at Victor Harbour
- Holidays with Mum, Dad, Adam & you at The Coorong
- Visiting you in The Mall at Judells and watching you work your magic
- The BEST roasts in the world!
- Convincing Mum that I should be allowed to shave my legs - thanks Nana :-)
- Giving me my first grown-up handbag and always buying me beautiful dresses
- Encouraging me to study and being so thrilled when I succeeded
- Long chats over endless cups of coffee when I first left home
- Loving me and making me feel so special
Nana, the world is a better place for me and for our entire family because of you. You were more than a grandparent. You were a role model. You were a confidant. And most importantly you were my friend.
I will miss you until God holds us both in the palm of his hand,
with much love,