Thursday, January 20, 2011

Gratitude - day three...


I am grateful for my friends. I heard it once said that you have a friend for a reason, a season or for life. And I can certainly relate to that. I have had friends who have seen me through my darkest hours and highest of highs, I have had friends for certain periods of my life. And then friends who are stuck with me for life. And for each of those friends I am indeed grateful.

Its funny how no matter how special our friends are, we often fail to tell them. We are often more comfortable sharing our feelings with people who are merely acquaintances. I suppose that part of the reason is that we get so busy with our lives and the time just slips away before we realise it. But aren't those close to us the most deserving of our love and honesty? So if I have one New Year's resolution it is to make sure I tell my friends how much they mean to me.

With much love,
Lisa xx

No comments: