Monday, April 23, 2007

Blogging against disablism...

During the course of checking out one of my favourite blogs
Terrible Palsy. I noticed a call to action. On May1st bloggers are being invited to post a message regarding disability and the discrimination that the disabled face. Since we entered the world of prematurity almost three years ago my family and I have come in contact with many children who have lasting impacts of their prematurity - including Cerebral Palsy, Sight Impairment, Intellectual Disabilities, Hearing Impairments and Autism. On May 1st I will be posting a message of support for our friends and a plea for understanding...

I ask you to join me in voicing the injustices that face those with a disability...
for more information please visit Diary of a Goldfish


Hugs,
Lisa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet a fellow BAD blogger! Even nicer that you are an able and blogging about disablism. I'm Bobby McGee, 16 and Ohioan; I have Cerebral Palsy, glaucoma, and a nerve injury. I'm severely visually impaired (legally blind in the left eye, 20/40 on a good day in the right [corrected]) and moderately hard of hearing. I'll be visiting on 1 May to read your fabulous post!