Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Life with two 2 year olds...

Life with two 2 year olds is never easy - or so it seems to me. Life is lived in fast forward! Fights are always loud! Crying even louder! BUT the cuddles and kisses are the sweetest.

The past couple of months I have really been struggling with what I term 'depression and anxiety' - it cycles between the two. Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed I am trapped in doing nothing and moving nowhere and other times I seem to need to do everything all at once. This (as I am sure you can appreciate) is very exhausting for my loved ones and for me too. I have cried with frustration at not achieving all I want to and then have cried from exhaustion when I finish what I want to achieve. This state of highly labile emotions is draining. And I worry about its long term effects on my boys...

But then there are the sweetest moments when they look at me and smile or rush to give me a kiss and I realise I can't be such a crappy mother after all. Mitch in particular loves the "cuddy" on the run - he rushed over, flings himself at me and then just as quickly resumes his game. Harry warms up slowly to strangers, but is so loving to his Daddy and I. And now we are watching their loving attitude to each other develop. Sure - Mitch still gets cross and hits Harry. And Harry cries. But now and then they reach over and kiss or hug each other without prompting. Or they share their yoghurt. And its at these moments that I realise that's what's important in life - being kind to each other...

So I resolve to be kinder to those I love...

And to try and not let life drag me down...

After all, if Mitch and Harry love me - then life is good...

Hope each and everyone of you feel loved too,
Hugs,
Lisa

2 comments:

Jodi Devine said...

When I read your post I could have easily changed the person it was about and slotted me in there..... that is sort of why I went away. Maybe you and I could chat more and help each other???????

Jodi

Lisa - Mum to Mitch,Harry and Jack said...

Thanks Jode,
I would like that.
Hugs,
Lisa